The Cougar Scouts in Yuan Ching Secondary School has had a long history since the late 1980s. The Scouting's purpose is to help young people to develop their full physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual capacities as individuals and as members of society. We aim to contribute to the society by rising to the occasion for National Events. Through equipping ourselves with core skills like Pioneering and Orienteering skills, our learning never stops.
Better Scouting for more young people.
The mission of Scouting is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society. This is achieved by:
- involving them throughout their formative years in a non-formal educational process
- using a specific method that makes each individual the principal agent of his or her development as a self-reliant, supportive, responsible and committed person
- assisting them to establish a value system based upon spiritual, social and personal principles as expressed in the Scout Promise and Law
- Annual Camp
- Outdoor Cooking
- Serving in various National Events, like Istana Hospitality and Earth Day.
- Value-In-Action – organised by the scouts
Frank Cooper Sands Award (Gold) 2017 – 2019
National Patrol Camp Silver Award 2019
Alternate Fridays and Saturdays Sessions (to enlist the service of the alumni on Saturdays)
Fridays: 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm
Saturdays: 8 am to 12.30 pm
Mr Foo Say Kin (Overall I/C)
Ms Nadia Bte Madzan
Ms Nur Shazana Binte Saini
Mdm Lim Yi Hui
Cougar Scouts serving in a games booth in the West Area Campfire
Cougar Scouts going through the coordinates on a map during a night hike.
Cougars Scouts sharing a moment together while collecting ingredients for outdoor cooking at the Annual Camp.
Cougar learning the ropes of knots and lashing.