National Civil Defence Cadet Corps
National Civil Defence Cadet Corps (NCDCC) is a National Uniformed Group under the purview of the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore Civil Defence Force. NCDCC believes in developing and empowering our youths to be active & concerned citizens with life-saving skills. NCDCC began its journey in 2005, with the focus to develop greater awareness of civil defence in our cadets and prepare them with the skills to respond effectively to emergencies at home and abroad. The attitude of readiness against adversity and practical skills which are critical in the face of danger and emergencies are life-long capabilities that our young civil defence ambassadors can have.
NCDCC’s motto of “We Learn, We Lead, We Serve”, in alignment to the 3 big ideas in Character and Citizenship Education: “Identity, Relationships and Choices”, well encapsulates the journey of NCDCC cadets into the following three phases:
Cadets learn Triangle Of Life skills, which include basic firefighting, first aid and CPR+AED. These are core skills in NCDCC, which enable cadets to help themselves and others in times of need. Equipping cadets with these skills will help to form their identity as NCDCC cadets, a community responder at heart.
Cadets will be trained in soft skills such as leadership, communication (including methods of instruction), relationship management and social awareness to get them ready for their leadership phase. They will also further hone their civil defence skills by going through one of the three cadet specialist tracks and be given leadership opportunities to lead their peers.
Cadets will make choices to serve their school and the wider community through public education platforms such as the NCDCC Service Month and Emergency Preparedness Day as advocates of Emergency Preparedness. With the civil defence knowledge and skills imparted to them, they will also be able to lend a helping hand as Community First Responders with a compassionate heart.
- Annual Unit Camp
- Total Defence Bronze and Silver Training and Assessment
- Footdrill Bronze and Silver Standard Training and Assessment
- First Aid training
- Campcraft Proficiency
- Rescue Methods Proficiency
- Fire Safety Training
- Hazmat Training
- CPR-AED Training
- Footdrill Gold and Unit Drill Instructors’ Course
- Homefront Security Course
- National level Parade Training for NDP, SCDF Day, Affirmation Day, etc.
- National UG Camp
- Overseas Exchange Camps
- Obtained Silver in the 2017 Uniformed Group Overall Proficiency Assessment (UOPA)
- Graduation of 5 cadets from the Footdrill Gold Course in 2018
- Graduation of 3 cadets from the Unit Drill Instructors’ Course in 2018
- Participation of 2 cadets in the NCDCC-NYP CPR/AED Assessment as Co-trainers in 2018
- Participation of 9 cadets at Emergency Preparedness Day in Taman Jurong (January) and Ghim Moh (August)
- Participation of 4 cadets in the Inaugural Psychological First Aid course at SCDF HQ in 2018
- Participation in the Annual First Aid Championships organised by Red Cross Youths in 2018
- Gold Award (2018)
Every Friday from 2.30 to 5.30pm
Overall IC: Ms. Ee Ai Lin
Teachers: Ms Jasmine Sujatha Jaya Kumar
Mr Phoon Wai Kit
Mr Joshua Lim
Passing Out Parade 2018
First Aiders at Track and Field
CCA Showcase 2018
2018 SG Secure Outreach to Yuan Ching Residents
|EP Day at Taman Jurong CC|
|Proud Graduands of the UDI Course 2018|