The Environmental Club was formed in January 2012 with the aim of developing student leaders to lead and guide the Environmental-Champions (E-Champions) of Yuan Ching Secondary.
The club takes on a “Head-Heart-Hand” approach in which we aim to influence others to be more environmentally friendly, carry out eco-activities to play our part for the environment and inspire others in going green.
In Environmental Club, we aim to spread environmental awareness within our school and in the community. Our Values-In-Actions (VIA) projects comprise of activities which aim to spread environmental messages to the residents in the community.
Our vision is to see our students become a well-informed and compassionate citizen of nature with all-rounded skills.
Our mission is to enthuse students in critical and creative engagements in issues and services pertaining to nature and the environment.
· Terrarium Workshop at PCF Sparkletots @ Taman Jurong – Conduct terrarium workshops for K1 students using recycled bottles as part of our VIA project.
· Upcycling Project – Design new products from recycled materials, e.g. Non-disposable fabric mask, Fortune-cookie origami from used red packets, etc.
· Food Waste Project – Make eco-enzyme cleaners from orange peel waste.
· Recycling Project – Collect recyclables from residents in Taman Jurong community.
· Dengue Prevention – Build awareness of Mozzie Wipeout steps in school and the community.
· Learning Journeys & Club Sharing Sessions – Educate our members with current environmental challenges and solutions.
- Gardening Sessions
· Young Sustainability Champion organised by Singapore Science Centre in 2020.
· Shell STEM NXplorer Challenge organised by Singapore Science Centre in 2019 and 2020.
· IMPACT Case Study Challenge organised by National Environmental Agency in 2019.
· Green Wave Environmental Care Competition organised by Sembcorp Marine in 2019.
· Finals in the ‘Sustainability Carnival’ organised by Gardens by the Bay in 2018.
· Finals in ‘The Bright Ideas Challenge 2018’ organised by Singapore Science Centre and Shell.
· HSBC/NYAA Youth Environmental Award 2018.
Tuesdays: 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm
- Mr Thomas Lee (Overall I/C)
- Ms Jasmine Widodo
|promoting zero-waste effort by showcasing Eco-enzyme cleaners created using orange peel waste in tjcc deepavali concert|
TEACHING PCF SPARKLETOTS STUDENTS ON RECYCLING AND HOW TO MAKE A PLANTER USING RECYCLED BOTTLES IN OUR VALUES-IN-ACTION PROJECT
DISCUSSING ON NEXUS PROBLEM DURING ONE WORKSHOP SESSION OF NXPLORERS COMPETITION
WORKING HAND IN HAND TO CARE FOR THE PLANTS DURING OUR WEEKLY CCA SESSIONS
EXPLORING THE FAUNA AND FLORA BIODIVERSITY IN OUR SCHOOL WITH GUIDANCE WITH NPARKS UNDER THE GREENING SCHOOLS FOR BIODIVERSITY PROGRAMME