Every Yuan Ching student an advocate for a sustainable future
Through the school’s Environmental Education (EE) programmes, our students will be more aware of the need for sustainable practices in everyday life. Grounded in values, they will go on to role model desirable actions related to sustainability and be advocates of the sustainable practices to others.
Our students experience EE through their daily lessons, Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) and other school-wide programmes. Using the Head-Heart-Hands approach, the students will undergo experiential learning to better appreciate and internalise how our actions play a part towards a sustainable future.
student leadership in sustainability through our Environment Champions
(E-Champs) programme, by providing training opportunities for our E-Champs to
advocate for sustainability in their classes and beyond. Our vibrant
Environment Club (E-Club) partners with our community to spread the
sustainability message through outreach talks and exhibitions.
Awards and Affirmation:
- Gold Award for Green Schools @ South West Programme (since 2009)
- Singapore Environmental Countil School Green Award - Kopsia (since 2018)
- Recycling Programme @ Yuan Ching
- Earth Hour and World Water Day School-Wide Programmes
- Assembly Talks on Sustainability
- Environment Champions Programme
- EE Values-in-Action Programme
Assembly Talks on Sustainability
Values-In-Action (VIA) by E-Club @TJ PCF
Community Outreach by E-Club Promoting Zero Waste
Earth Hour Programme