Efforts Today Rewards Tomorrow
Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
Students who are experiencing financial difficulties can apply for various schemes.
Ministry of Education (MOE) Financial Assistance Scheme
The student is a Singapore Citizen and meets one of the following conditions:
(a) The family's Gross Household Income does not exceed $2,750 per month or
(b) The family’s per capita Household Income (PCI) does not exceed $690*
*PCI is gross monthly household income divided by number of members in the household. E.g., household with a gross monthly income of $3,000 but 5 members will qualify, as PCI is $600.
The scheme provides for:
- Full waiver of school fees of $5.00 per month
- Full waiver of standard miscellaneous fees of $10.00 per month
- Textbook grant - textbooks and writing materials in the approved book list
- Free school attire, on a need basis – 2 sets of uniforms, 2 sets of PE attire, 2 pairs of socks and 1 pair of shoes
- Transport voucher of $10 per month for students taking public transport
- School Meals Programme of $25 per school week
Application forms are available from the General Office. Please return the completed form to the General Office and the office staff will get back to you.
Parents/ guardians with children in different schools need to submit only one application form for all their school-going children/ wards to one of their schools. The school which receives the application form will inform the parents/ guardians of the outcome for all the children.
Parents/ guardians who need additional help can approach their child’s/ ward’s school for further financial assistance. Schools can also help students from low-income households to own a new computer at an affordable price through IDA’s NEU PC Plus Programme. For details about the NEU PC Plus Programme, please visit www.ida.gov.sg/neupc or contact Tel: 6684 8858.
School Advisory Committee (SAC) Financial Assistance Scheme
- Student is a Singapore citizen and does not qualify for MOE FAS,
- Gross family per capita income is not more than $725 per month, and
- Good conduct and at least 80% attendance in school.
The scheme provides:
- Payment of school fees / miscellaneous fees and / or,
- Payment of textbooks and / or,
- Payment of school attire.